Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.04.2012 22:18:50
External screen
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
A small question just to see whether I am missing something: When I have an external display connected (no mirroring or clamshell mode, i.e. two active screens), can RB launch applications on a specific screen? I found out how to display the Menu on the external screen (works great), but applications still generally launch on the main display. If there is no easy way, would somebody know an apppescript that would move the window across?

I also noticed that in Plex, once changed to the external display inside the preferences, the function 'Toggle Fullscreen' will actually toggle between Window mode on the primary and full screen mode on the external display. Is that adjustable?

Thanks, Henrik 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

05.05.2012 16:02:01
Re: External screen
View

Thanks for asking.

Unfortunately, there's no way for Remote Buddy to do this. Where an application opens its windows is always defined by the code of the application in question. If you need a particular application to launch on a particular screen, please contact the respective developer and ask whether they already offer / could implement such an option.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

29.05.2012 10:16:03
Re: External screen
View

Checkout MooM window manager - it might be able to force apps to go to a particular screen, although I've never used it myself.

http://manytricks.com/moom/