Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

04.05.2012 23:06:26
Solution for Behavior for Netflix with Safari
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi, this behavior works fine with Netflix (silverlight plugin for safari)

1. Create 2 sets of actions for Netflix in window mode and fullscreen mode. I called NetFlixSafari & SafariNetflix. The actions are identical in both behavior.

2. Actions

Space – Toggle Play/Pause 
Enter – Toggle Play/Pause 
PgUp – Play 
PgDn – Pause 
F – Full-screen 
Esc – Exit full-screen 
Shift+Left arrow – Rewind 
Shift+Right arrow – Fast Forward 
Up arrow - Volume Up 
Down arrow - Volume Down 
M – Mute toggle 
In full-screen mode: 
Ctrl+space

3. Compile NetFlixSafari group with Bundle Identifier to: com.apple.webkit.pluginprocess

4. Compile SafariNetflix group with Bundle Identifier to: com.apple.safari

NOTE: you require 2 behaviors due to when Netflix enter in fullscreen mode Remote Buddy, do not recognize Safari as active.

5. Map all buttons exactly for both behaviors. Except Esc and F that you need to map to the same button, Esc on NetFlixSafari to go out of full screen and "F" in SafariNetflix to go into fullscreen. Using the same button you obtain a toggle one.

Good luck.

JC

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

24.02.2014 23:04:41
Re: Solution for Behavior for Netflix with Safari
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi Jose,

This whole behaviour thing is new to me, but I'm very interested in using Remote Buddy to control Netflix on my Mac Mini.

Would it be possible to get your action packs for import into Remote Buddy so I can get up and running?

Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance for you!

Shaun.