Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

05.05.2012 00:28:11
Applications Not Appearing in Remote Buddy Express
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have Aurora installed (and have for awhile), but Remote Buddy does not recognize it. I have the most recent version of aurora from the website, and have tried re-setting the LaunchServices, restarting, reinstaling and other things as recommended in the FAQ. However, Aurora doesn't appear anywhere in remote buddy. I also noticed this morning that there don't seem to be any Accessibility options available anywhere (I don't remember seeing them before, but since I hadn't been looking for them, I can't guarantee it). I have a 2011 macbook pro running the latest OS.

Thanks, 
Sarah 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

05.05.2012 15:09:02
Re: Applications Not Appearing in Remote Buddy Express
View

Thanks for asking.

Depending on the version of Aurora you're using, the application carries a different bundle identifier (the ID that uniquely identifies every application):

1) de.metaquark.Aurora for older versions 
2) com.metakine.Aurora for newer versions

Currently, Remote Buddy ships with the behaviour for older versions and offers to install a Behaviour for the newer version via its Online Updater when it finds a newer version.

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't allow any sort of Online Updater in Remote Buddy Express or any other Mac App Store application. Therefore, you'll currently have to manually download and install the Behaviour for newer Aurora versions:

1) Download the Behaviour from 
http://www.iospirit.com/static/objectfiles/file/156/Aurora.rbscriptedbehaviour.zip

2) Unzip the file

3) Install the Behaviour by double clicking Aurora.rbscriptedbehaviour in the Finder

Regarding the Accessibility Behaviour: this Behaviour, like the Behaviours to control Exposé and Spaces, are only available when using Remote Buddy under OS X 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6. Due to changes in Mac OS X Lion, they're not supported under OS X Lion. I've included that info in the release notes for version Remote Buddy 1.18, but only now noticed that I haven't also added that info to the list of Behaviours on the product page. I'll add this information right after posting this message, though. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this caused you!

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

05.05.2012 15:11:01
Re: Re: Applications Not Appearing in Remote Buddy Express
View

P.S.: Just noticed I had actually added the Accessibility/Spaces/Exposé Lion info to the list of Behaviours - on the Remote Buddy product page, but not on the Remote Buddy Express page :-/ 
User

09.05.2012 01:34:30
Re: Applications Not Appearing in Remote Buddy Express
View

Awesome, thanks!

Followup question: since remote buddy express can't do online updates, is there a place/location where they are automatically available? Or is it more of an "ask and ye shall receive" type of thing?

Thanks again! 
Sarah