Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

02.07.2012 03:58:04
Plex direct launch
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I would like to have the menu button launch plex and the play button launch eyeTV when in the finder in my iremote. I don't need any other remote buddy functions so I would like them to be deactivated not to confuse the family. 
Couldn't figure out how to do it.

Thank you 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

06.07.2012 23:26:44
Re: Plex direct launch
View

Hi,

I had help on a similar issue.

I think what you want to do is map the play and menu button in the 'default behaviours' setting under the 'Mappings' section on preferences.

I found out today that this controls just the button press when i) in Finder and ii) the button isn't required in current app.

Likely play and menu will be used by whatever app you launch, so you won't need to set anything else up beyond that.

Here's my 'default' behaviour for 'menu' mapped to open Plex:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/343477/ofy89QYYAxCidW/rb-plex/rb-default-bh.png

As soon as Plex (or other apps) are running, the menu press is given over to the running app. 

User

10.07.2012 15:57:08
Re: Plex direct launch
View

Worked perfectly thank you. 
I should have looked closer at the "activate behaviour" but the name and icon didn't catch me