Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.07.2012 03:07:53
Strange new behavior in Mountain Lion
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to fix this new problem I have since updating to Mountain Lion today. Basically, whenever I use the keyboard shortcuts to switch screens (control left or control right) the Remote Buddy menu will briefly pop up. I can not figure out how to make it stop. I have tried going into System Preferences but everything seems fine in Mission Control. I went into the preferences for Remote Buddy but since I did not manually make any changes I am unsure as to why it is happening.

The menu will only briefly appear and then go away. Anyone have a simple answer and fix? I thought it could also be the Remote Ajax app but I disabled the server and it still does it.

thanks in advance for any help! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

26.07.2012 11:16:02
Re: Strange new behavior in Mountain Lion
View

Thanks for asking.

Since Remote Buddy doesn't show the menu during space switches (its window is hidden at that time), this most likely is a bug in the Window Manager of OS X Mountain Lion.

I'm still investigating this issue, but am positive it can be worked around from my side.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

27.07.2012 00:37:51
View

Thanks for the prompt help Felix!

I agree it seems to be a minor bug in Mountain Lion that is affecting Remote Buddy. It looks like they switched around some stuff in Mission Control regarding which keystrokes can be used as shortcuts. (which may be why the "ctrl+->" and "ctrl+<-" are inadvertently trigging the Remote Buddy menu)

*it is very brief...pops up for 1-3 seconds

Thanks for asking.

Since Remote Buddy doesn't show the menu during space switches (its window is hidden at that time), this most likely is a bug in the Window Manager of OS X Mountain Lion.

I'm still investigating this issue, but am positive it can be worked around from my side.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

01.08.2012 12:24:28
View

I've got the same issue. The Menu stays on my screen for 1 sec. only during switching spaces. 
User

01.08.2012 22:28:02
View

Here's a small update:

- Remote Buddy sets the visibility of its menu to zero when not used. Mountain Lion's Window Manager - for whatever reason - however uses a visibility of 100% for that window when you move between spaces

- I've found a workaround and it'll be part of the next release.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

04.08.2012 14:31:01
View

Here's a pre-release with a workaround:

http://www.iospirit.com/static/objectfiles/file/158/RemoteBuddy_1.21.1_preRelease.dmg

Please give it a try. I appreciate your feedback.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

06.08.2012 10:48:28
View

I had the same issue and this pre-release seems to solve it. The menu doesn't pop any more at space switching. Thank you!! 
User

17.08.2012 08:41:17
View

Hi Felix.

I just updated to version 1.21.1 and the problem is gone. Thanks for the quick fix!!!