Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

24.11.2012 10:00:02
Remote Buddy Express 1.22 and Plex 0.9.7.3 for OSX 10.8.2 not working
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I just upgraded my Plex to 0.9.7.3 and also Remote Buddy Express to 1.22 (via Appstore) and Plex is not recognized as an installed application under Preferences. Plex does not show up under Behaviours as it did before so it seems as though something broke with the RBE 1.22 update.

Anyone have the same issue or does it work for you?

Regards, 
Fredrik 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Mac App Store
User

24.11.2012 10:04:09
Re: Remote Buddy Express 1.22 and Plex 0.9.7.3 for OSX 10.8.2 not working
View

Alright, should probably tried this before posting - but I reinstalled RBE 1.22 and deleted all files under Preferences etc with Appcleaner and viola! Plex is back under the Behaviours!

User

24.11.2012 14:02:01
Re: Remote Buddy Express 1.22 and Plex 0.9.7.3 for OSX 10.8.2 not working
View

Thanks for asking.

Remote Buddy's preference files have no influence on whether or not an application turns up in the Preferences. Remote Buddy doesn't offer any option for this.

Whether or not an application turns up in Remote Buddy's Preferences depends on whether OS X Launch Services knows an application with the respective bundle identifier at launch time.

So when Remote Buddy asks OS X during launch "Where can I find Plex?" and OS X returns "Not on this system", it won't turn up. If it is installed and registered with Launch Services (usually by launching it once), OS X will return "Hey buddy, you can find it in /Applications/.…" and Remote Buddy will make it available in its Preferences.

OS X Launch Services may not know about an application while an update is underway - which is possibly what happened in your case.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz