Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

01.12.2012 02:10:51
Adobe Reader
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello;

I just got started with Remote Buddy and have the simplest possible needs: I want to run a slide show in pdf form using Adobe Reader 11.0.0 (the latest) and Remote Buddy 1.22.1 from my Macbook pro running OSX 10.8.2.

I have set up remote buddy with default configuration and can get the remote to move one page forward or back by selecting the left or right button on the remote. All is good so far.

But ... Remote Buddy is also set up to move to START of document or END of document if you select and HOLD the left or right button on the remote. I want this behavior. It does not happen. Instead, after several seconds it moves another page in the indicated direction.

I imagine I am making some silly mistake, but I see no reference to it in the FAQ so ... can you think what I might be missing?

Regards,

Larry S. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

01.12.2012 02:35:00
Re: Adobe Reader
View

As an addendum and additional question:

The Adobe Reader goes to start or end of document using the key combination "shift command leftarrow" and "shift command rightarrow", respectively.

Is there a way to get remote buddy to assign these key combinations (or any other key combination, for that matter) to a button on the remote?

I don't see this in the FAQ either.

Regards,

Larry S. 

User

02.12.2012 22:33:57
Re: Adobe Reader
View

Well.... I did succeed in configuring custom keystrokes to get remote buddy to control acrobat reader the way I want. After I "got the idea" of what needed to be done it was in fact very easy, and the software seems very well thought-out and easy to use.

It is, if I may make a small critique, not completely trivial to figure out how to access all this power: a bit of thought put into a user's manual without assuming the user already "gets it" would no doubt increase sales.

That said, I have purchased it and will recommend it to others.

Regards,

Larry