Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

20.01.2013 13:29:59
iTunes 11 play album
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello I have an issue with iTunes 11 playing an album.

When I choose ITunes -> Music Browser -> Album -> pick one -> play the first song it only plays the first song of the album. Then it returns the the next song of whatever list is active. Previously RB simply played the whole album.

Same behavior for both the Ajax remote as the apple remote.

I would like to have this as wel. Perhaps that should be an option Play Album next to selecting the each song individually. At this point, WAF factor is decreasing fast :)

iTunes: 11.0.1 
RB: 1.23

At this point it seems impossible for me do something simple as playing a whole album on my music shared via my NAS. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

22.01.2013 14:07:02
Re: iTunes 11 play album
View

Thanks for asking.

What you describe looks exactly like what happens when you use an older version of Remote Buddy with iTunes 11.

Please verify you're really using the latest Remote Buddy release, whose iTunes Behaviour works around this exact issue.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

22.01.2013 14:25:47
View

Thanks for the reply,

As stated in the question: I use the latest version of remote buddy: 1.23

Any pointer as to how to resolve this? 

User

22.01.2013 15:57:01
View

Any chance you've

a) updated to iTunes 11 after you started Remote Buddy?

b) multiple copies of iTunes installed on your Mac, with at least one of them being at an earlier version (10 or earlier)?

Both could lead to Remote Buddy finding a copy of iTunes 10 during startup and consequently not use the new code targeting iTunes 11.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

22.01.2013 16:16:37
View

Option a) is probably true. If my memory serves me right, I first upgraded to iTunes 11.0.0 with RB active. Then upgraded RB to 1.22, then uTunes to 11.0.1 and then RB to 1.23. In all cases iTunes and RB have been active.

I guess removing Remote Buddy and installing it again might fix the issue?

Option b is definitively not true :) 

User

22.01.2013 22:47:07
View

I removed remote buddy completely including the preferences, made sure itunes was in active, downloaded and installed RB 1.13 and unfortunately it does not work. The behavior changed slightly but this may be due to the fact that the music is streamed from my new nas (I replaced my old qnap with a newer one) via iTunes server. Anyhow, when selecting an artist, album and then press the middle button on the first track, only one track is played.

Since the playlist was empty, it stops after that track.

Any ideas?