Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

03.02.2013 21:52:05
harmony with dual boot :(
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
here is a copy of a thread i posted on another site. i do not currently have remote buddy but i am wondering if that is the answer to this, or if you all have other suggestions? thanx for your help in advance!

---- alrighty then, no one out there may be able to help with this as my setup is kind of unique but what the hey, i'll throw it out there. i have a dual boot mac mini HTPC with dual drives. the original drive boots to mac and the SSD boots to windows 7. i run my media in windows 7. i have the remote paired to the mini in mac. the mac has a built in infrared reciever. i use media browser/windows media center as my movie player and jriver as my music player (i have heard they use the same/similar remote commands). i am trying to get my harmony remote to play nice with these, i have a harmony 880. i have tried the downloaded harmony codes for both windows media center and microsoft mce keyboards, no commands are seen by wmc or jriver. usb keyboard and mouse commands work fine. any ideas where to start troubleshooting this? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

General
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control