Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

21.02.2013 22:54:59
Feature request - button sequences
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
With as few buttons as the apple remote has, I thought it might be useful to have sequences that remote buddy could respond to - e.g. "up up down" might launch a particular app. Bonus points if in addition to specifying buttons, could specify remotes (working on expanding my harmony remote integration - and the harmony's multiple apple remote idea is interesting, but it's requiring some trickery for me to work with/around).

What specifically kicked this off is in the harmony I can set up favorite channels, with a 3 digit id, and i'd love to have remote buddy capture those 3 remote events (which, from the harmony, would be spread out over 3 separate remotes, alas, to cover the 10 digits) and then kick off a custom behavior.

Am I off my rocker here? (Even without this, remote buddy is a fantastic addition to my home entertainment setup!)

I had thought about just implementing/putting this into the plex side of things, but it dawned on me that this might be more generally useful outside of that, even with single remote environments!

Cheers,

--Dg 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control