Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

22.03.2013 12:25:17
Looking for USB IR reciever to use with Mac Mini and Remote Buddy
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'm currently using a Harmony 900 Remote (without the IR blaster) and Logitech's PS3 BT-IR adaptor with my Mac Mini - a very flexible solution (many mappable buttons) with Remote Buddy. But because of the annoying lag and constant disconnecting that the Logitech BT-IR adaptor causes, I'm looking a better IR-only solution which I can use with my Harmony remote and Remote Buddy. I'm looking at a few USB IR recievers on eBay but not sure which ones are suitable for me and how many IR buttons/codes are supported. Apple's own IR remote works but does not offer enough mappable buttons for me.

Any suggestions for adaptors which would fulfill my wishes?

Note: I'm located in Europe and prefer products which are available in Europe because of taxes/custom fees.

/B 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

22.03.2013 13:55:01
Re: Looking for USB IR reciever to use with Mac Mini and Remote Buddy
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

Right now, only the Apple Remote is supported for those IR receivers that are still available in the market (MCE). For which the IR Receiver of your Mac Mini offers better integration.

You could try to emulate multiple Apple Remotes with your Harmony and make use of Remote Buddy's support for multiple Apple Remotes. This will give you more button codes to use, but is not officially supported at the moment.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz