Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

25.03.2013 18:49:36
10.8.3 PS3 Remote - prompt for pin on wake from sleep
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi all, 
I've gotten pretty good at the bluetooth FAQ - pairing with another machine, wiping bluetooth out via Bluetooth Explorer - but I believe that 10.8.3 has once again introduced a bug for RemoteBuddy and Bluetooth remotes.

I cannot, for the life of me, get my PS3 remote to stop prompting for a pin on wake from sleep. This is a newly imaged 10.8.3 Mac Mini. I've tried it all - pairing with my MacBook then repairing with the Mac Mini, wiping out bluetooth settings, trying a totally different remote, etc - nothing fixes it. To be clear, the remote is paired and works on boot but once you wake from sleep, the remote prompts you for a pin. I remember this was an issue a few OS revs ago and it seems to have come back.

Anyone else having issues? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

26.03.2013 00:57:02
Re: 10.8.3 PS3 Remote - prompt for pin on wake from sleep
View

You could try overwriting the Bluetoth Daemon, Kext, Framework, etc 
the whole stack, with the one that came with OSX 10.8.2 or 10.8.1, 
10.8.0 etc.

If it works… please report back and tell us the result.

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Jason4 wrote:

Hi all, 
I've gotten pretty good at the bluetooth FAQ - pairing with another machine, wiping bluetooth out via Bluetooth Explorer - but I believe that 10.8.3 has once again introduced a bug for RemoteBuddy and Bluetooth remotes.

I cannot, for the life of me, get my PS3 remote to stop prompting for a pin on wake from sleep. This is a newly imaged 10.8.3 Mac Mini. I've tried it all - pairing with my MacBook then repairing with the Mac Mini, wiping out bluetooth settings, trying a totally different remote, etc - nothing fixes it. To be clear, the remote is paired and works on boot but once you wake from sleep, the remote prompts you for a pin. I remember this was an issue a few OS revs ago and it seems to have come back.

Anyone else having issues?

[standard mail footer removed]

User

26.03.2013 11:26:02
View

Thanks for asking.

I couldn't reproduce the issue. I used a Retina MacBook Pro and a PS3 BD Remote originally paired under 10.8.2.

All of these worked without issues:

- MBP awake: remote connects upon button press 
- MBP asleep: remote wakes up MBP and connects upon button press 
- MBP awake, remote connected, put to sleep: remote wakes up MBP

Did you really _image_ your Mac Mini - or did you reinstall the machine's OS on the machine itself? If you imaged your Mac Mini with an OS X 10.8.3 install created on another machine, chances could you carried over that machine's BT settings and this causing issues (pure speculation from my side here).

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

26.03.2013 14:46:27
View

I did image it with 10.8.3. I made a USB stick with 10.8.3 using Lion DiskMaker.

So I just reset all bluetooth again with Bluetooth Explorer and now it's not prompting me for a pin anymore on wake. I'll let you know if it happens again. Thx for your help guys.