Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

19.04.2013 19:47:20
remote diagnostics doesn't find MCE receiver
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Ran Remote Control Diagnostics got:

No known Apple® IR Receiver found 
RCD couldn't find any Apple® IR receiver known to it - and according to RCD's compatibility database, your computer model (MacBook6,1) shipped without a built-in IR receiver. Do you want to add or retrofit a remote control to your computer? Then check out Remote Buddy. It supports a broad range of remote control and receiver hardware.

System Profiler Result:

Windows Media Center IR Transceiver: 
Product ID: 0x2093 
Vendor ID: 0x0471 (Philips Consumer Lifestyle BV) 
Version: 1.01 
Serial Number: @KJK 
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec 
Manufacturer: 
Location ID: 0x04100000 / 2 
Current Available (mA): 500 
Current Required (mA): 100

Bottom of MCE device indicates it is a supported device:

OVU412000/00 
3139 228 67981 
HK 03 50833 G 005996

Can someone explain why Remote Buddy and the diagnostic tool can't see the MCE device? Does the system profile data match with the label on the device? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

General
Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - eHome 2005
User

26.04.2013 00:23:01
Re: remote diagnostics doesn't find MCE receiver
View

Thanks for asking.

RCD covers only built-in Apple IR receivers and the Apple IR subsystem in OS X. It does not support or know of any other hardware.

To use an eHome/MCE receiver with Remote Buddy, you'll need to install the driver that accompanies it (Candelair) and run Remote Buddy to use it.

As of now, however, the product ID/vendor ID of your receiver is not part of the list of devices known to Remote Buddy, so you won't be able to use it.

If you have a little time for testing, I'll add the IDs of your hardware and send you a pre-release you can use to test with your hardware. Please let me know.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

26.04.2013 01:41:01
Re: Re: remote diagnostics doesn't find MCE receiver
View

That is generous of you - I would be glad to test my hardware with your pre-release.. I bought the receiver direct from China and it came in a padded envelope without documentation of any kind - not even an invoice. So I was afraid it was not the same as the receiver listed on your web site. Thank you for taking the time to check the product ID/vendor ID for me. I had not yet bought the Remote Buddy license - but I had installed Candelair successfully. If the prerelease works I will gladly buy the license and start using it.

Regards,

George

On Apr 25, 2013, at 6:23 PM, Felix wrote:

Thanks for asking.

RCD covers only built-in Apple IR receivers and the Apple IR subsystem in OS X. It does not support or know of any other hardware.

To use an eHome/MCE receiver with Remote Buddy, you'll need to install the driver that accompanies it (Candelair) and run Remote Buddy to use it.

As of now, however, the product ID/vendor ID of your receiver is not part of the list of devices known to Remote Buddy, so you won't be able to use it.

If you have a little time for testing, I'll add the IDs of your hardware and send you a pre-release you can use to test with your hardware. Please let me know.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz

[standard mail footer removed]

User

27.05.2013 00:07:05
Re: remote diagnostics doesn't find MCE receiver
View

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the explanation, it's been very helpful.

I have recently bought a new iMac (iMac13,2) without a built-in Apple IR Receiver. 
So, I ordered an IR USB Receiver (OVU412002/00 HK 03 50742 G) online. 
I downloaded Remote Buddy Trial, because I want to make sure it works before I purchased the license. 
I installed the driver (Candelair) & ran Remote Buddy, but I encountered the same problem George did.

I checked to see if the hardware is recognized & it is listed in the System Information:

Windows Media Center IR Transceiver: 
Product ID: 0x2093 
Vendor ID: 0x0471 (Philips Consumer Lifestyle BV) 
Version: 1.01 
Serial Number: BKHG 
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec 
Manufacturer: 
Location ID: 0x14100000 / 2 
Current Available (mA): 500 
Current Required (mA): 100

I would like to test my hardware with your pre-release in order to make sure it works. Could you please help?

Thank you in advance,

Regards, 
Pinar Karan