Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

25.09.2013 05:52:06
How do I set default menu that comes up when I long press "MENU" button on Apple Remote?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi -

I must have done something to change the operation of my Remote Buddy setup, but I can't seem to figure out how to repair it.

I have a main menu I've set up. I want to bring it up when I long press "menu" on my apple remote. It is:

Applications > 
Audio & Video > 
Files > 
Input Devices > 
System >

This menu used to come up when I held down the "menu" button.

Now, instead, when I hold down the "menu button I get:

< Hide Menu

I press LEFT ARROW on remote:

Audio & CD/DVD > 
Audio Hijack Pro > 
< Default Behavior > 
DVD Player > 
EyeTV > 
(etc.)

< Behaviors >

Applications > 
Audio & Video > 
Files > 
Input Devices > 
System >

This is the main menu I want to come up in the first place, not the earlier one, from which I have to navigate backwards to get where I want to be.

How do I specify which menu is supposed to come up when I long press the "menu" key?

Thanks...

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

General
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

25.09.2013 06:09:58
Re: How do I set default menu that comes up when I long press "MENU" button on Apple Remote?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
UPDATE: I think I fixed my problem, but it's kind of strange to describe...

In the "Menu Layout" preferences item, I navigated to my top menu, the one I want to open up on long menu button press. I was rearranging the menu items, and when I moved one of the items ("Audio & Video"), it uncovered another item ("Behaviors") which seemed to be hidden underneath the "Audio & Video" item. So I deleted the "Behaviors" item, and my menu operation now works correctly!

I couldn't believe that I saw that correctly, but I went to my second computer, which had the exact same problem (because I had duplicated preferences between machines), performed the same procedure, and it fixed that machine too.

Weird. But apparently ok now (fingers crossed)...