Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

15.11.2013 21:49:11
Remote Buddy 1.24.2, OS X 10.9 & Mac Mini will not sleep
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have the latest remote buddy version installed on my 2011 Mac Mini with OS X 10.9. The Mac will no longer enter sleep mode. I used the following command in terminal to see what is keeping it awake:

pmset -g assertions | egrep '(PreventUserIdleSystemSleep|PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep)'

and get the following result:

PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0 
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1 
pid 177(Remote Buddy): [0x0000000100000149] 07:14:08 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Disable App Nap"

I am not sure what settings I should change to re-enable the Mac's ability to go to sleep but at the same time maintain Remote Buddy's ability to work correctly when the Mac exits sleep mode. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours - Support for iTunes® & AirPlay®
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

16.11.2013 00:01:01
Re: Remote Buddy 1.24.2, OS X 10.9 & Mac Mini will not sleep
View

Thanks for your feedback.

This issue has already been described, identified and a solution been provided (via a silent update) in this forum thread:

http://www.iospirit.com/support/forums/remotebuddy/thread/16520/

Please see the last three posts there for that discussion and the download link.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

16.11.2013 00:46:47
Re: Remote Buddy 1.24.2, OS X 10.9 & Mac Mini will not sleep
View

Thanks Felix. Downloaded from the link provided in the thread you mentioned and it now seems to work. I was confused as the version I already had installed seems to have the same version number as the one I have just downloaded. Either way, its all good now. Cheers.