Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

06.12.2013 18:49:59
Music Browser corrupted
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi all, 
For the most part, Remote Buddy is an awesome app and does everything that I want. However, the Music Browser feature of the iTunes behaviour is buggy and has always been a bit so.

I have a pretty active podcast list, and the Music Browser is totally corrupt. There are many many old episodes listed, and also podcasts that I no longer subscribe to. I have looked all over the forum to find out how this can be rebuilt or fixed, but no love.

My questions are: 
How can you force Remote Buddy to rebuild the list of media that it presents in Music Browser? Where does it get this information from? Is there a config file that it reads (iTunesLibrary.xml or other)?

Thanks for the great work. 
Jack 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

09.12.2013 22:42:01
Re: Music Browser corrupted
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

Remote Buddy in fact uses your iTunes Library.xml (and some AppleScript on top of it) to build and present the built-in browser for your local music library.

Podcasts are especially tough to handle, since iTunes doesn’t refresh the XML file on every status change of an item (i.e. „listened to episode“) and also doesn’t provide any notifications when the status of an item changes.

The next time you come across an entry from a podcast that you no longer subscribe to - or an episode that’s no longer in your library - please open the iTunes Library.xml file in TextEdit and search for it. Then, please let me know:

a) if you found it in there 
b) how long ago you removed/completed the podcast/episode

I’ll then gladly try to reproduce and isolate the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz