Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

31.03.2014 02:17:38
Behaviour doesn't change when iTunes is in background
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have a range of actions set up for the iTunes behaviour and tied to my Harmony remote. It works well. I often put iTunes into the background (i.e. hide) so that I can moves files etc. in Finder. However, the iTunes behaviour remains active so that the actions I have set up for Finder (i.e. Default Behaviour) don't work.

How can I force a switch to the Default Behaviour while iTunes is running in the background ? Do I need to set up a Finder behaviour with the Behaviour Construction Kit ?

Thanks

Garry 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

08.06.2014 13:15:02
Re: Behaviour doesn't change when iTunes is in background
View

Thanks for asking - and sorry I only noticed your post now.

The Default Behaviour will only be active if no Behaviour matched for both foreground or background apps. The Default Behaviour is then used regardless of which app is in front, so it could be active for f.ex. Finder, Console, Terminal, System Preferences, ..

As long as you run iTunes, the iTunes Behaviour will match and prevent Default Behaviour from becoming active.

If you have actions that you want to use when Finder is active, you'd need to create a new Behaviour for Finder in the Behaviour Construction Kit - and then assign your actions to it.

This Behaviour will then be active whenever Finder is active - regardless of which other apps are running.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

09.06.2014 03:20:03
View

Thanks for this. I did more research on the inspirit forums and site and I found that answer. I have created a Finder behaviour (which is basically a copy of the Default Behaviour) and all works well.

I'm liking RB more and more over time as I understand more about how it works and what I can do with it. I can control my Mac Mini almost without using the keyboard or mouse at all. I only need the keyboard or mouse now in situations that I've not covered with actions or a behaviour.

Cheers.

Garry 

User

09.06.2014 13:05:01
View

Great to hear this!

I only need the keyboard or mouse now in situations that I've not covered with actions or a behaviour.

Depending on what you like to do with mouse and keyboard, Remote Buddy's Virtual Mouse and Virtual Keyboard may help you out even in these scenarios.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz