Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

27.04.2014 07:48:32
Harmony One, Mini, ATV3 and 3 Apple Remotes
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have a Mac Mini running Remote Buddy and OSX10.9.2. It has an Apple remote. In the same room I have an ATV3 with its remote. I had the Harmony learn each of the 2 remotes which then provided different id's for the Mini Activity and ATV activity. The Harmony takes on the Apple ID of the remote it learned. The 2 Apple remotes were paired, one to the Mini and the other to the ATV3. I can run XBMC or Plex on the Mini without bothering the ATV and I can use the ATV without bothering the Mini. I am using Remote Buddy's defaults for the Plex and XBMC.

I have another silver Apple remote with a different Apple ID ( so 3 silver Apple remotes with different ID's). I would like to combine this third remote with the Mini remote to make a Remote Buddy virtual remote that has more keys in order to better make use of the Harmony when running XBMC. The problem seems to be that if I were to do that then I would not be able to pair that virtual remote to the Mini and hence using the ATV would send commands to the Mini.

Is there a way to have a virtual remote paired to the Mini? If not, is there some other way of combining the two remotes to yield more keys on my Harmony One? I know that I could use FLIRC but I really like using Remote Buddy. It just seems that there is no way to have more buttons on the Harmony and also to have both the Mini and ATV in the same room.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

philip

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control