Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

19.07.2014 15:29:58
EyeTv Remote Control for On-Screen Guide?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
This Remote Buddy is really handy, because the EyeTv remote I bought on eBay was sending enter after each single number button keypress, so like if I wanted to go to channel 276, it would go to channel 2, then 7, then 6 and not ever go to the actual channel 276. So after I figured out how to map the number keys to emulate keyboard presses in the demo I had to buy it. Then I also mapped some of the EyeTv buttons to different EyeTv shortcuts emulating keyboard presses, so it just acted like when you press the keyboard keys in EyeTV.

However, now I'm wondering if I can make this EyeTv remote more like a satelite/cable remote, and go to the on-screen guide with one button press. The on-screen guide is different than the program guide, because it's in the screen and it's scaled up to the screen size, like in fullscreen, so I can read it from the couch, and I can navigate it from the remote, like with digital cable. However, I have to go to menu first and then select guide. I'm not interested in the rest of the menu most of the time, and just want to go to the screen guide. However there is no app menu item for the on-screen guide, just the tiny window guide.

So does anybody know of an EyeTv command or preference in EyeTv to open only the on-screen guide, or a remote buddy behavior that does this in EyeTv?

My remote is an EyeTv remote. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

General
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver