Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

03.09.2014 02:43:29
Worked fine then it lags big time
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi

I have been using remote buddy with my harmony remote for month now without problem. But now, there is sometimes 4-5 seconds delay. Plex will receive the command way later (sometimes never), and sometimes its like I am pressing the up key without letting it go.

I tried with another app and the problem is there too

Anyone knows what could happen? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

03.09.2014 16:28:01
Re: Worked fine then it lags big time
View

Which version of OS X and Remote Buddy are you using?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

03.09.2014 16:55:14
View

OSX Maverick 10.9.4 with remote buddy 1.25.2

Now its getting worst. I unpaired my remote and now when I want to pair it again, its just not working. I am using this guide https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/HowTo-Set-up-the-Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-with-Remote-Buddy-and-control-100-Mac-apps-with-it/

It worked like a charm the first time but now the harmony app wont pair. Tried with a wii remote and its working fine

User

07.09.2014 11:47:01
View

Thanks for the feedback.

OSX Maverick 10.9.4 with remote buddy 1.25.2

Mavericks added App Nap, which can lead to lagging issues like the one you described.

Remote Buddy itself is no longer affected by App Nap since version 1.24.2 released last November.

However, other apps that weren't adapted to App Nap may still be.

If in doubt, you can select an app that causes issues in Finder, open the "Get Info" dialog for it and select "Disable App Nap" for that app. OS X should respect that setting _after_ the next launch of the respective application.

Which version of Plex are you using?

Which actions do you use to control Plex? Are you using Remote Buddy's Plex Behaviour actions or are you also using Remote Buddy's Virtual Remote?

Now its getting worst. I unpaired my remote and now when I want to pair it again, its just not working. I am using this guide https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/HowTo-Set-up-the-Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-with-Remote-Buddy-and-control-100-Mac-apps-with-it/

It worked like a charm the first time but now the harmony app wont pair.

Since the Smart Hub can emulate several different Bluetooth devices but the OS X Bluetooth stack optimizes for each device only being, well, one device, there can be conflicts between what OS X caches about a Bluetooth device - and what a Bluetooth device like the Smart Hub tries to be at a given time.

To avoid running into issues with the OS X Bluetooth stack's cache, please only pair the Harmony Hub with your Mac in one role: as a PS3 Remote. Pairing it as a keyboard or other device at the same time will lead to problems with what OS X has cached about the device.

To remove bogus data from the cache, try this:

1) delete the device from both Remote Buddy (Hardware > Bluetooth Receiver) and OS X (System Preferences > Bluetooth). 
2) turn off Bluetooth 
3) reboot 
4) turn on Bluetooth 
5) pair as per step 2 in https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/-/

Tried with a wii remote and its working fine

Just out of curiosity: was that a real Wii Remote - or the Harmony Hub emulating a Wii Remote?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz