Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

10.10.2014 19:48:38
Mac Pro + Harmony 900 + Mantra TR1 + Plex HT
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi all, new here, so please go easy on me!.

I have a home built Mac Pro, with a USB Mantra TR1 USB attached unit. My question is, I've seen some great customisations with remote buddy and harmony remotes, namely this site http://miniharmony.blogspot.co.uk (but not updated for some years), will remote buddy

a) work with my harmony900 + mantra TR1 (I have a RF blaster in line of sight)?

And if so

B) where can I find a complete tutorial for my harmony 900 + remote buddy set-up?

C) Do I need to configure still with the harmony software?

Thanks in advance

DonFran

Last edited: 10.10.2014 19:49:36

Last edited: 10.10.2014 19:50:01 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

26.10.2014 10:46:43
Re: Mac Pro + Harmony 900 + Mantra TR1 + Plex HT
View

Hi, would be great to get some feedback! Appreciate your help guys, as I would like to get RB up and running for my Harmony 900.

Thanks in advance. 
DonFran 

User

26.10.2014 13:47:02
Re: Re: Mac Pro + Harmony 900 + Mantra TR1 + Plex HT
View

I used the Harmony 900 for years and the system works very well once you set it up but it's very time consuming because of all the key mappings you have to override. I can vouch for the remote but not for the IR dongle you have but my guess is it it'll work with no problem.

I know you already have the hardware but I would recommend upgrading to the Harmony Home Control with hub. This is actually a bluetooth remote with IR hub and vastly easier to set up. RB has instruction for setting it up on their site.