Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

12.11.2014 18:30:38
Harmony Activities with Remote Buddy
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have the following setup

Mac Mini (i7 as Plex Server) 
Mc Mini (i5 as Plex player) 
Denon Audio Receiver 
Samsung TV 
Sonos system 
B&W Surround Loudspeakers

I have been using a well known post (miniharmony.bloggspot.com) have had my Harmony Smart control working prior to there being official support for this in remote buddy. In this setup the three activity buttons were used for Music, TV and Movies. Movies would turn my Receiver and TV on and default to HDMI 1 where the Mach Mini player is connected. Volume was controlled by the Receiver using the Harmony device, some for changing TV channels.

Now there there is a official Remote buddy support I wanted to try this and also have better control of my Mac mini. I therefore followed the blog post and removed all my previous configuration of remote buddy and setup one activity called Remote Buddy.

What i want to achieve is when i select the Remote buddy activity, it would turn on the TV, select HDMI 1 (where the mac mini is connected) and carry on using the Remote buddy features to control the MAC, with volume control from my Receiver. I maintained two previous activities one for watching TV and the other for listening to music, these work fine, but guess what, all the remote Buddy activity does is turn off the tv and the receiver. i have to manually turn them on with their respective remotes and only then will remote buddy work, but it does control the volume form the receiver. If I add the Denon Receiver and the TV to the remote buddy activity, Remote buddy does not work and i get menu for the receiver when i press the controls on the Harmony remote.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get around it.

Another issue I also tried adding the Harmony keyboard to the mix, big disaster, this also clashes with Remote Buddy, so now i'm thinking of going back to my old configuration and forgetting this.

Any help to figure this out would be great.

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control