Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

13.11.2014 21:30:04
Harmony Ultimate Home with macmini and Plex
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi-

I've been reading these forums all morning trying to find something that works and I can't seem to track it down.

I just bought a Harmony Ultimate Home remote and I'm trying to follow these instructions on the blog:

https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/HowTo-Set-up-the-Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-with-Remote-Buddy-and-control-100-Mac-apps-with-it/

I realize that this is for a Harmony Smart and not a Harmony Ultimate Home but it's all bluetooth via a hub so I had hoped it would work.

Specifically, I don't see any option where I can bluetooth pair the hub with remote buddy. When I get to steps 4 & 5 under part 2 "Pairing the Harmony Hub with Remote Buddy" I never see a "Pair Now" button. I just see a message on android Harmony app telling me that I do need to pair but there's no button to do so (also the app on my phone looks totally different from the screenshots, though maybe they just redesigned the UI since the screenshots were taken).

Any clues on whether or not this should work or what I might be doing wrong? I can't find anything on the web telling me how to actually pair this hub with remote buddy.

Thanks!

Edit: For some reason I didn't realize that the "sync" part had to happen from the remote itself, I thought it was supposed to be happening from within the smartphone app. It seems to be paired as a PS3 now.

Last edited: 13.11.2014 21:40:00 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

16.11.2014 13:04:01
Re: Harmony Ultimate Home with macmini and Plex
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Logitech has released major updates for their software on both the Hub and iOS recently. We're already preparing an update to the blog post using the latest versions of Logitechs software.

The new software still shows me a "Pair Now" button, though. Can you send me a screenshot of where you're stuck?

Have you only tried with the Android app - or do you also have access to the iOS app?

Thanks in advance.