Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

30.12.2014 06:27:05
RemoteBuddy - TWCTV using Silverlight in Safari
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello all,

I am new to the Remote Buddy app but would like to be able to configure my remote to allow me to control this app via my apple remote. I have read a couple of forum posts related to Netflix with Silverlight but haven't quite grasped what I need to do. Any assistance would be appreciated as I am in the trial state and if I can get this to work I will end up purchasing the app.

Josh

Last edited: 30.12.2014 06:27:23 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

03.01.2015 14:35:01
Re: RemoteBuddy - TWCTV using Silverlight in Safari
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking Josh!

Right now, Remote Buddy only works to control whole apps. It's not currently capable of detecting the content of your browser window and send site-specific key presses.

If you want to only control one site, however, you can go to Prefs > Mapping > Safari and adjust the actions assigned to the button to send the key presses you need to control that particular site.

If those keypresses are just arrow buttons, space bar and return key, you can just use the respective actions from the Virtual Keyboard. Otherwise, you may need to use "Custom actions…" to create actions to send different key presses.