Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

09.01.2015 06:14:24
Harmony Smart Control Disconnected message
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
When I start the activity for Remote Buddy (it includes other devices such as the Mac Mini, AV receiver, Eye TV) I get the message

(in a grey box at the bottom of the screen) "Harmony Smart Control Disconnected" this repeats every time I press a key on the Harmony remote. Even if I re-pair the Harmony Remote. Clearly it must be paired as Remote Buddy (I assume that is where the message is generated) is reacting to the key press....it has never worked successfully.

If I quit and restart Remote Buddy, it asks me to press any key on the Harmony Smart Control. When I do this, I get the disconnected message.

I have tried completely removing the Sony PS3 device used for Remote Buddy, recreating it etc but it always gives this message. I use the Harmony extensively and it functions perfectly for every other device and activity.

I am on Yosemite 10.10.1 and the latest release of Harmony code. I have just downloaded and installed Remote Buddy from your site. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Colin

Last edited: 09.01.2015 06:21:39 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

09.01.2015 15:37:01
Re: Harmony Smart Control Disconnected message
View

Hi Colin,

thanks for asking.

If you press a button, does anything happen? Can you control apps?

Or does just the "Harmony Smart Control Disconnected" message come up in response to a button press?

If that's the case, please verify that no power saving options are enabled at "Remote Buddy > Preferences > Hardware > Bluetooth Receiver".

Please also check the paragraph on "Soft keyboard pairing" if you've paired your Mac as a computer with the Harmony Hub, too:

https://www.iospirit.com/support/faqs/remotebuddy/category/23/Hardware-Harmony-Smart-Control/entry/261/-/

Hope that helps, 
Felix 

User

10.01.2015 04:18:01
Re: Re: Harmony Smart Control Disconnected message
View

Hi Felix,

thanks for the fast response. I checked the power saving settings, they were OK. I also checked the Soft keyboard paring, which was also OK. So i completely removed the device, the activity, reset my iPhone (the Harmony app was behaving strangely by now) and also restarted the Mac, and the Harmony Hub. I added everything again, including re-assigning the remote buttons, and it is now working :-) It is possible that I made some mistake in the original setup, but I’m suspicious about the Harmony App/Hub, which as I said stated behaving strangely (crashes, taking a long time to perform actions etc).

I do have some other comments/questions, which I will ask in another post. As far as I’m concerned, this one is solved. Thanks very much - the app works well controlling Eye TV.

Cheers

Colin

On 10/01/2015, at 3:37 am, Felix wrote:

Hi Colin,

thanks for asking.

If you press a button, does anything happen? Can you control apps?

Or does just the "Harmony Smart Control Disconnected" message come up in response to a button press?

If that's the case, please verify that no power saving options are enabled at "Remote Buddy > Preferences > Hardware > Bluetooth Receiver".

Please also check the paragraph on "Soft keyboard pairing" if you've paired your Mac as a computer with the Harmony Hub, too:

https://www.iospirit.com/support/faqs/remotebuddy/category/23/Hardware-Harmony-Smart-Control/entry/261/-/

Hope that helps, 
Felix

[standard mail footer removed]

Last edited: 11.01.2015 05:05:52 

User

11.01.2015 12:00:01
Re: Re: Harmony Smart Control Disconnected message
View

Excellent to hear this issue is resolved!

Thanks for letting me know!

Cheers, 
Felix