Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

09.01.2015 16:00:10
Remote Buddy and Harmony don't stay connected
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I've paired and connected the Remote Buddy succesfully with the Harmony Hub over bluetooth. I disabled all IR receivers etc.

I'm running the latest version of Remote Buddy and the latest Mac OS version.

I use remote buddy to control Plex.

Now I notice that when I start my Plex activity on the harmony the bluetooth connection is lost sometimes after a while.. now when it reconnects it some times is sending the commands verry slowly or very fast and thus I can't command plex anymore because the menu keeps scrolling. I then have to reboot the mac completely.

So the question is how can I make sure the hub stays connected with the mac at all times. I already did the correct power settings like you suggest but this doesn't help.

Cheers Rudi. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

09.01.2015 22:06:01
Re: Remote Buddy and Harmony don't stay connected
View

Thanks for asking. To get a better picture of the situation at hand, please let me know:

What activities have you set up for the Harmony Hub? Is the Plex activity the activity set up for Remote Buddy (as per the instructions from the How-To) - or is it different?

What Mac model are you using?

Are you using built-in Bluetooth - or a Bluetooth dongle?

Which menu keeps scrolling - Plex' or Remote Buddy's?

Thanks in advance, 
Felix 

User

10.01.2015 13:33:20
Re: Remote Buddy and Harmony don't stay connected
View

Hi Felix,

I have a MacMini late 2012 i5 with 4GB RAM running OSX 10.9.5 (13F34)

I use the built-in bluetooth adapter from the MacMini. IR is disabled in Remote Buddy

Currently I'm using Remote Buddy 1.26.1

The plex activity in the harmony uses the PS3/Remote Buddy device not a plex device. I also use your recommended power settings

I'm using a custom startup sequence for the mac mini so it always boots remote buddy, plex media server and finally plex home theater. The Macmini never powers down or goes into standby.

When I turn of the plex activity the mac mini always stays on with plex hometheater active.

It happens that when I start the plex activity for example a day later the bluetooth connection is lost. It comes back but messed up. The keypress response is very slow and after a few presses plex is overloaded with commands and for example the main menu keeps scrolling.

Cheers, Rudi.