Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

17.01.2015 17:34:13
Stopped Recognizing Myth Frontend
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
For some reasy Remote Buddy recently stopped auto-recognizing MythFrontend. Meaning that even when MythFrontend has focus none of the application-specific buttons work. I checked that the bundle identifier is still set properly. If I use the RemoteBuddy menu to manually activate MythFrontend all of my buttons work. Any ideas on how to solve this? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

17.01.2015 17:56:14
Re: Stopped Recognizing Myth Frontend
View

I think I figured this out, at least partially. The issue appears to be that I had iTunes open and it was recognizing iTunes as the active behavior because iTunes supports background control.

This seems to be because it actually looks like there are 2 Myth apps running, one is "Myth_Frontend", which corresponds to the app bundle, and "mythfrontend" which appears to be the underlying /opt/dvr/bin/mythfrontend process. As far as OS X is concerned, it is "mythfrontend" that actually has focus. Is there any way to get Remote Buddy to recognize the "mythfrontend" process? 

User

20.01.2015 15:14:01
View

Thanks for the info!

Accounting for this should be fairly easy. Can I send you a test version of an updated Behaviour for MythFrontend?

Cheers, 
Felix 

User

20.01.2015 16:17:20
View

Sure, that would be awesome! Thanks! 
User

05.02.2015 03:39:21
View

Felix - I gave the script you sent me via email a try and it worked great, thanks! Just wanted to post it here because the email reply I sent you bounced. 
User

08.11.2015 14:04:40
View

Greetings,

I think I have a similar problem in that I am trying to setup manually the mythfrontend (Myth_Fronted app) and remote buddy isn't recognizing this process.

Can you send me the solution noted on this one or other help ?

Thanks in advance, 

User

08.11.2015 15:59:11
View

Felix, can I have your permission to post a public link to the behavior file you sent me? That should hopefully help people with the same problem until the fix can make it into a new version of RemoteBuddy. 
User

14.11.2015 14:31:11
View

I noticed that in February of 2015 released a version with a changelog of"

NEW: Support for Kodi (new name of the XBMC project).

Enhancement: Improved recognition of the different MythTVFrontend processes.

Fix: On some systems, the choice between "single remote" and "multiple remotes" for the built-in AppleŽ IR Receiver was not preserved and needed to be re-set after a re-launch

So, maybe I don't need any update but I might be having a slightly different issue? Not sure