Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

04.02.2015 09:36:03
Problems with EyeTV live TV window freezing
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi all, 
I've been having a problem, that I'm not sure has anything to do with remote buddy, but it's part of the workflow and I thought others here might have the same issue.

My workflow: harmony 650 remote, remote buddy, Mac mini, yosemite, eyetv, plex. 
It has worked beautifully for a long time. However recently, When switching to EyeTv and activating the EyeTV behaviour the EyeTV live TV window will be kind of frozen or paused. There's a still image, but the audio is continuing on. If I press pause it pauses the audio, pressing play plays the audio, but the vision is paused. If I change channels it will change the channel but still have a paused image.

Any else encounter this?

People who use remote buddy with EyeTV and any other app like plex - how do you switch between them? Any special commands you run?

Many thanks! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

04.02.2015 11:54:01
Re: Problems with EyeTV live TV window freezing
View

Hi,

I also get EyeTV live widow freezing, although in my case both video and audio are frozen. Most times I have to kill EyeTV and restart it to get it going. I am using Harmony SmartHub and remote Buddy (latest versions) with EyeTV 3.6.7 and Yosemite 10.120.1 I am currently trying to eliminate some variables. I have changed my live buffer from RAM to disk, and have moved my archive from external (USB3) drive to the system HD. It’s driving me (and even more so, my wife) nuts.

Cheers

User

04.02.2015 11:59:01
Re: Re: Problems with EyeTV live TV window freezing
View

Yosemite is 10.10.1 Sorry for the typo..

User

04.02.2015 21:38:59
View

Ok, great - it's good to know I'm not the only one. Haven't been able to find anything about it elsewhere. Contacting Elgato didn't help much.

I think I'm using all the same versions as you. Everything is up to date, and I've been having this problem for several months now across a few versions.. Also driving the wife nuts! Sometimes I'll find switching tuners works ( I've got an Eyetv diversity and a soft button on my harmony programmed to do that) but mostly it doesn't help.

I have a suspicion that it may have something to do with Mavericks or yosemite. I took a long time to update to Mavericks because everything was worki so well, I didn't want to mess it up. Pretty sure this started happening after upgrading to that. Yosemite was out not much after that, so I did a clean install of yosemite and all my apps, only to find it's still happening. 

User

05.02.2015 00:35:47
View

I have that same issue too, mine just sits there full screen with a purple color. I need to change the channel to get it going again. 
User

03.04.2015 05:32:35
View

I'm still having this problem. Just wondering if anyone has solved it yet?