Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

02.03.2015 21:40:10
Eye TV / Kodi - Stop EyeTV when behavior changes to Kodi
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

i am running eye TV and Kodi on an mac mini. Whenever both behaviors are active (even when eye tv is in pause mode) and i am on Kodi the playback of a movie is very slow. I think the reason is that i am using digital audio out. So i want that eye tv will ne closed by remote buddy when i change to Kodi. How can i get this to work?

Kind Regards

PS: When somebody knows a solution that both apps can run in parallel an help is appreciated ;-) 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

04.03.2015 23:43:01
Re: Eye TV / Kodi - Stop EyeTV when behavior changes to Kodi
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
This can't really be automated at this point.

But one thing you may want to try is closing all EyeTV video windows (Remote Buddy provides an action for that which can you can add to the menu (if it's not already there by default)) - not the entire EyeTV application. On older Mac minis, graphics memory is a very scarce resource - and this should free up some of these resources, possibly already fixing the performance issues you see when using both applications at the same time.

Another idea for you may be to create a custom action in EyeTV to switch from EyeTV to Kodi. It could be composed of the actions "EyeTV > Close all playback windows" and "Behaviours > Activate Kodi Behaviour". Alternatively, you could also use "Behaviours > Quit currently controlled application" and "Behaviours > Activate Kodi Behaviour". You could then put an entry for that action in the menu or assign it to a button of your choice.