Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

05.04.2015 18:03:43
When activating an activity on my Harmony, start an app on a Mac
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello,

i'm using my Harmony Smart Control for a few months with ease. I've set it up, that when i press the Red button, Plex starts and the green button starts Kodi.

I would love to simplify this even more, so i thought i can edit my activity in the harmony app, and send a buttonpress of the "red" button after the TV has switched to the Mac's HDMI port to start Plex. That activity is mapped to the mid placed button on my Harmony remote. 
It looks like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/160004/harmony.png

Somehow that virtual button press won't be received by remote buddy, even not when i create a delay of 2sec in the Harmony app.

Any idea how that could work? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

07.04.2015 16:10:01
Re: When activating an activity on my Harmony, start an app on a Mac
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

Have you made those changes in Remote Buddy's Global mapping table - or elsewhere?

If you've made it in the Global mapping table:

There's a tiny timeframe between the Harmony Hub establishing a connection to the Mac and Mac apps (like Remote Buddy) being able to register to receive incoming button presses.

If the Harmony Hub sends a button press immediately after the connection has been established, that button press _may_ get lost for that reason.

If this is the problem here, one way around it would be to make sure the connection has been established, f.ex. by changing the actions in the Harmony app to look more like:

… 
SAMSUNG TV - HDMI 3 
MAC MINI - RED (to establish connection) 
DELAY 2s (to bridge that time frame at the beginning of the connection - 0.5s should work, too) 
MAC MINI - RED (now RB should definitely receive it. And if it receives it twice, it shouldn't make a difference.) 

Hope that helps.

Cheers, 
Felix