Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.05.2015 18:06:34
EyeTV + Script
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I am attempting to setup the following actions with my Harmony Remote.. I am doing all of this using a Mac Mini that is running Remote Buddy, and EyeTV which is connected to a CableBox as the tuner.

I have programmed the basic functions below using just the Harmony software, but the parts below that say 'script' are the ones that are tricky because I can't figure out how to get the remote to execute an Apple Script with the action that is mentioned. Also, I'm assuming there is a better and easier way to do this by just strictly using the Remote Buddy software (programming a single button to execute the entire macro):

Press "Music" Key on Harmony Remote - 
Television Turns off 
Input on Receiver Switches to Input 1 
EyeTV software activates on Mac Mini [Script] 
EyeTV software opens new TV window to channel 864 (a Music Choice Channel) [Script] 
Audio Output on Mac (via 'Airplay' on Porthole software) is switched to all speakers [Script]

That Porthole software above allows the Mac to airplay to multiple speakers, and is scriptable so I can execute the "all speakers" command script.

In addition the actions listed above, I want to be sure to program the 'exit' commands on the remote so that everything closes accordingly:

Pressing *Off* on Harmony Remote - 
Closes EyeTV Window [Script] 
Audio Output on Mac (via Airplay on Porthole) is switched back to single speaker [Script]

OR

Pressing a *new input* on Harmony Remote - 
Closes EyeTV Window [Script] 
Audio Output on Mac (via Airplay on Porthole) is switched back to single speaker [Script]

Any help or clarity with this idea would be most helpful since I hit a wall and cannot get it to work.

Thanks so much! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

30.05.2015 13:45:01
Re: EyeTV + Script
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
If you are willing to dedicate a button to this, this could work:

1) Go to Prefs > Mapping > Global and map the action containing your AppleScript to the button you want to dedicate to this.

2) Go to the Power Settings in the Harmony software and change them so the Harmony executes the Harmony Command corresponding to the button in Remote Buddy following a "Power Off" event.

Reference: 
- See Step 3, Tweaking power settings at https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/-/ for instructions how to get to these settings.

- See https://www.iospirit.com/support/faqs/remotebuddy/category/23/Hardware-Harmony-Smart-Control/entry/265/-/ for a table that maps Harmony commands to the buttons as seen in/by Remote Buddy.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, 
Felix