Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

14.06.2015 14:15:57
Harmony Remote Plex-Player - Config Overview available?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi there,

I recently bought a Harmony Touch, which has support of a Plex-Player device. It basically turns the Harmony into multiple Apple Remotes.

Remote Buddy supports this via multiple remotes. So far so good.

I've spend some time searching the web for an answer to the question, which button of the Plex-Player setting on the Harmony triggers which Apple Remote Button. I wonder if someone here has an overview like

Harmony Remote Apple Remote 
Red Button ID 123 Menu 
Green Button ID 123 select 
Guide ID 678 Menu

and so on.

Thanks for any reply

Stefan 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

22.06.2015 12:01:01
Re: Harmony Remote Plex-Player - Config Overview available?
View

Thanks for asking.

I don't have an overview I could provide you, but there's the HIDRemoteExample.app included in the HIDRemote SDK that shows you exactly this information when run.

Be warned, though, that the Plex Player profile contains programming errors (like f.ex. single button presses on the Harmony simulating several single button presses, so that one button press on the remote leads to the assigned action getting executed several times) and should therefore not be used with anything other than Plex, really.

For this, however, you can also just use the Virtual Remote to forward button presses to Plex.

If you're looking for a Harmony device profile with verified and intact Apple Remote button codes for use with Remote Buddy, please search for vendor "Iospirit" and device "Remote Buddy" in the Harmony software.

Cheers, 
Felix 

User

23.06.2015 01:02:41
View

Thanks Felix,

I've activated the iospirit remote buddy device on my harmony.

Works great except for one thing. None of the buttons wakes up my Mac Mini from sleep mode. Am i missing something?

Last edited: 23.06.2015 01:03:07 

User

23.06.2015 10:35:01
View

You're welcome :-)

Chances are you've paired your Apple IR Receiver with a single remote control (in which case only that one will be able to wake it up) or turned the receiver off (in which case no Apple Remote will be able to wake the mini). Solution there would be to "Unpair" and enable the IR receiver respectively. You can find these options either directly in Remote Buddy > Hardware > Built-in Receiver - or - in System Preferences > Security > Advanced… (or "More…").

If that's not it or you want me to have a look, please run Remote Control Diagnostics (free download from the Labs section of this website) and copy and paste the full report it generates. 

User

23.06.2015 22:14:38
View

Hi,

has been pairing.....

D'oh

Thanks 
Stefan