Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

15.06.2015 06:43:37
Harmony Smart Control E/Info/Exit keys
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello,

I'm trying to get RB working with Kodi and my Logitech Smart Control remote, and I've got most of the functionality working, with a few exceptions:

- I can't get the E button on the remote to perform any action at all. It's almost like this button isn't actually wired up. I'd like to map it to a "tab" key press. 
- The exit button on the remote seems to be hardwired to play/pause and I can't assign it to anything else. 
- The info button also appears to be non functional (in the same way the E button isn't working).

Any ideas on what may be wrong here?

Thanks! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

22.06.2015 11:55:01
Re: Harmony Smart Control E/Info/Exit keys
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

By default, the Logitech software has no commands set for these buttons.

To use these buttons with Remote Buddy, you need to assign particular commands to the buttons in the Harmony configuration software.

For a step-by-step guide and an overview of buttons that have no commands assigned by the Logitech software by default, please see the HowTo (Step 3: Optimizing the Harmony configuration > Unlocking all buttons of the Smart Control):

https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/-/

Cheers, 
Felix