Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

10.08.2015 06:31:40
Can Power Button (long press) on Harmony 300 be programmed in RBE ?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have Remote Buddy Express running on my Mac Mini (OS X 10.10.4) with a Harmony 300 remote. I'm using the IOSPIRIT profile on the Harmony. It all works well.

The power button on the Harmony remote puts the Mac Mini into sleep mode. I didn't programme that in RBE so, I assume that it's built-in to the IOSPIRIT profile or into the Harmony 300 itself.

I want to programme a button to execute a shut down. Is it possible to programme the power button ? For example, is there a way of having a long press on the power button do a shut down (while leaving the current sleep function unchanged) ?

Thanks

Garry

Last edited: 10.08.2015 06:31:59 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

02.09.2015 10:41:01
Re: Can Power Button (long press) on Harmony 300 be programmed in RBE ?
View

Thanks for asking.

The Harmony only sends Apple IR codes, whereas it's Remote Buddy's job to convert these into actions.

By default, if no controllable application is active (and/or running in the background), Remote Buddy will use the Standard Behaviour and its mapping table. In that mapping table, the Sleep action is assigned to the long press of the Play/Pause and Select buttons.

If you don't use Remote Buddy, OS X will also react to such a long press on the Play/Pause or Select buttons by putting the Mac to sleep.

So what the Harmony is likely doing is to send a long Play/Pause or Select button press when you press the power button on the remote, which - provided no controllable app is active (and/or in the background) - triggers the action at Prefs > Mapping > Standard Behaviour > Select (long).

You can change that action there.

I'm not aware of any way to assign an alternative Apple IR code or command to the Harmony power button on a long press, though.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

03.09.2015 03:17:03
Re: Can Power Button (long press) on Harmony 300 be programmed in RBE ?
View

Felix, many thanks for this.

Which is the "Standard Behaviour" ? I can see a "Default Behaviour" but no Standard.

I've mapped shut down to a different button for the time being a long press on the Exit button on AR215 but only when Finder is active (I have 12 logical remotes).

By the way, RBE is still great to use !

Cheers.

Garry

Last edited: 03.09.2015 06:31:33