Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

22.08.2015 13:07:34
Pairing Harmony Ultimate HUB with Mac Mini with Remote Buddy does not work anymore
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi all,

I followed the blog here on the website to add a PS3 device to my harmony and try to pair the PS3 now with the mac mini.

Unfortunately the harmony software has changed and instead of of a PAIR button it says to use the PS3 controller to pair which I do not have off-course.

Can someone advise please how to pair the PS3 device in my harmony with the mac mini without the PS3 controller??? I tried both with the remote as well as with the Harmony iOS app on my iPhone. Both ask for a PS3 controller to pair.

Thanks!! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

01.09.2015 05:52:45
Re: Pairing Harmony Ultimate HUB with Mac Mini with Remote Buddy does not work anymore
View

I'm a new user and I'm having the same problem. The Harmony Control app now seems to require a PS3 be paired before allowing any activity that specifies using a PS3. Is there a workaround for this or is it now impossible to use Remote Buddy? 
User

01.09.2015 15:58:02
Re: Pairing Harmony Ultimate HUB with Mac Mini with Remote Buddy does not work anymore
View

Thanks for your feedback!

I just tried it for myself and here's what I found:

Everything remains pretty much the same, but Logitech optimized the process and eliminated an unneeded extra step. Instead of asking you to tap "Pair now", the Harmony software now goes into pairing mode right away while displaying instructions for PS3 owners.

So, if that screen comes up that asks you to perform steps on the PS3 using a PS3 remote, all you need to do is this:

1) open Remote Buddy's "Setup Wizard" 
2) select "Pair Bluetooth remote" and click "Proceed" 
3) wait until Remote Buddy has found and established a pairing with your Harmony Hub

I'll be updating the instructions on the website accordingly shortly.

Cheers, 
Felix 

User

01.09.2015 21:11:08
View

Thanks for your feedback!

I just tried it for myself and here's what I found:

Everything remains pretty much the same, but Logitech optimized the process and eliminated an unneeded extra step. Instead of asking you to tap "Pair now", the Harmony software now goes into pairing mode right away while displaying instructions for PS3 owners.

So, if that screen comes up that asks you to perform steps on the PS3 using a PS3 remote, all you need to do is this:

1) open Remote Buddy's "Setup Wizard" 
2) select "Pair Bluetooth remote" and click "Proceed" 
3) wait until Remote Buddy has found and established a pairing with your Harmony Hub

I'll be updating the instructions on the website accordingly shortly.

Cheers, 
Felix

All that needs to be said is thank you.... i was really thinking it had gone! 
User

02.09.2015 10:30:02
View

I've just put online the updated instructions for the latest version of the Harmony app:

https://www.iospirit.com/blog/article/184/-/

- Felix 

User

06.10.2015 20:38:29
View

I've been struggling with this for the past couple of hours. I followed the instructions on the blog post (a number of times) and even resorted to resetting the hub back to factory settings and starting over from fresh.

The problem is that the Bluetooth Pairing screen never appears as I follow the steps. After adding the device and the activity it goes straight to 'test activity', I hit 'test later' and then it goes back to the add activity screen.

I'm using a brand new Harmony Elite remote with the hub and the app.

Any ideas (or just a confirmation that the app has been updated and this no longer works) would be greatly appreciated to put me out of my misery!

I'm also (trying to) use Remote Buddy because I had the issue with the Harmony Remote controlling Apple TV and Plex on my Mac Mini. 

User

08.10.2015 11:56:29
View

I've been struggling with this for the past couple of hours. I followed the instructions on the blog post (a number of times) and even resorted to resetting the hub back to factory settings and starting over from fresh.

The problem is that the Bluetooth Pairing screen never appears as I follow the steps. After adding the device and the activity it goes straight to 'test activity', I hit 'test later' and then it goes back to the add activity screen.

I'm using a brand new Harmony Elite remote with the hub and the app.

Any ideas (or just a confirmation that the app has been updated and this no longer works) would be greatly appreciated to put me out of my misery!

I'm also (trying to) use Remote Buddy because I had the issue with the Harmony Remote controlling Apple TV and Plex on my Mac Mini.

This seemed to be a problem at Logitech's end - they sorted it out yesterday and now the PS3 is paired with Remote Buddy and working perfectly.

One question... If I've paired Remote Buddy as a PS3 am I still able to add an actual PS3 to the Harmony Remote or will they conflict? I tried last night and after adding RB and testing it worked I added my PS3. After testing the PS3 worked, RB was no longer paired with the Harmony Remote (what it thought was the PS BD Remote).

I turned off the PS3, restarted the Harmony Hub and RB worked perfectly again but now the PS3 activity is asking to be paired again... 

User

08.10.2015 13:01:02
View

This seemed to be a problem at Logitech's end - they sorted it out yesterday and now the PS3 is paired with Remote Buddy and working perfectly.

Thanks for keeping everybody updated!

One question... If I've paired Remote Buddy as a PS3 am I still able to add an actual PS3 to the Harmony Remote or will they conflict? I tried last night and 
after adding RB and testing it worked I added my PS3. After testing the PS3 worked, RB was no longer paired with the Harmony Remote (what it thought was the PS BD Remote).

I turned off the PS3, restarted the Harmony Hub and RB worked perfectly again but now the PS3 activity is asking to be paired again...

This may be a regression in Logitech's Hub firmware or they may ship a different Hub hardware by now.

I have been able to pair several Macs as PS3s with the Harmony Hub that came with the Harmony Smart Remote and reliably switch between the Macs in 2014. If it works for multiple Macs, it should also work with a mix of Macs and PS3s. That's only an assumption, though: I don't own a PS3 and could therefore not try this.