Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

28.08.2015 14:52:25
Remote Buddy does not respond to Harmony Smart Control button presses
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
A bit of history. 
I had a problem with the Harmony Smart Control not reconnecting automatically with RemoteBuddy. (Had to re-pair Smart control using the iOS Harmony app and the RemoteBuddy Setup Wizard on the iMac every time I wanted to use it)

Anyway, I finally solved this problem by deleting the Remote Buddy activity, and PS3 device from the Harmony Smart Control and followed the How-to guide on iOSPIRIT website to set it up again.

Now when I chose the Remote Buddy activity it reconnects quickly (yay!), but the RemoteBuddy buttons on the Smart Control don't do anything. They are unresponsive.

The RemoteBuddy program on the iMac is restored from a back up that used to work before. (I used the Backup&restore guide on iOSPIRIT) (I tested with a clean instal too)

I followed the guide to set up RemoteBuddy with the SmartControl to the letter twice. Adjusted buttons, power options, short/long press buttons and nothing. RemoteBuddy is still unresponsive to the button preses of Harmony Smart Control and iOS app.

I am on Hub Software 4.6.71 and RemoteBuddy 1.26.2 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

03.09.2015 21:37:09
Re: Remote Buddy does not respond to Harmony Smart Control button presses
View

I tried again for 2 hours following the updated HowTo and still can't make remote buddy to respond to Smart Control. I tried using an iphone and an ipad to set it up and still nothing.

Everything goes as it should, Smart control shows green in remote buddy's Bluetooth Receiver but nothing happens with remote buddy when I press the buttons. 
The other hardware in the activity work, TV and AVR just not remote buddy.

Anything else I can try? I'm literally out of ideas!

PS 
In the new HowTo in the section "Adding Remote Buddy to your existing Smart Control setup" 
In step 10, the harmony ios software does not give you an option to change the name to "Remote Buddy". It uses Play PS3 by default. 
Also I can not create an activity by selecting just Sony PS3. I have to at least select the TV too.

Also in the section "Unlocking all buttons of the Smart Control" 
the little curved Arrow bellow the Channel UP/DOWN shows up orange in the harmony software and is unassigned. 

User

03.09.2015 23:58:01
View

Thanks for the info.

My best guess is that, by also forcing you to include your TV into the Activity, the Harmony software will create a mix of Commands from both the TV and the PS3, which will differ from a PS3-only Activity.

Please check that the Commands for at least the Left, Right, Up, Down, OK and Menu buttons in that Activity point to the PS3 Commands listed for these buttons in this table:

https://www.iospirit.com/support/faqs/remotebuddy/category/23/Hardware-Harmony-Smart-Control/entry/265/-/

Please also check that the Activity has been assigned to one of the Activity buttons (you may not be able to activate it via the remote otherwise):

https://support.myharmony.com/en/customizing-the-three-activity-button-keys#keyboard

Another thing that may be worth trying for troubleshooting is to use the PS3 device in "Device Only Mode" as suggested by Logitech here:

https://support.myharmony.com/en/using-harmony-in-device-only-mode#app

Hope that helps, 
Felix 

User

05.09.2015 18:58:09
View

Thanks for the tips. 
I finally got remote buddy to respond to harmony Smart control.

I deleted all devices and activities, and did a reset to the harmony smart control. 
Then I set everything up again, a couple of times, starting with only the remote buddy activity and no other device, and finally remote buddy responded to button presses. 
I then added the rest of devices, TV, AVR and made a new activity that included the PS3 (imac) device.

This is one of these fixes that I don't have a definite answer as to what exactly was wrong. I drunk a beer while doing it too, if that helps.