Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

04.11.2015 07:23:08
Kernel Panic on boot after installing remote buddy. How do I uninstall?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi! Since installing remotebuddy on my new machine, I'm getting a kernel panic every time I try to reboot my computer. This happens even when I try to boot into safe-mode!

Is there a procedure for temporarily disabling remotebuddy so I can boot and uninstall the program? For now, I don't care about making the program work, I just want to make my computer turn on. I have SIMBL + a lot of other hack-y stuff installed, so it's probably not RB's fault, it just triggered the problem. Thanks! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

05.11.2015 00:13:01
Re: Kernel Panic on boot after installing remote buddy. How do I uninstall?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for letting me know.

I've been looking into this issue today and so far could only reproduce a kernel panic when booting in safe mode.

The issue is triggered by a bug in the kernel of OS X 10.11 and can even be reproduced with previously perfectly working sample code provided by Apple.

A new build of Remote Buddy with driver version 1.27 is now available at https://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/download/

You can remove the kext with this procedure:

1) Press Cmd + R, power on your Mac and hold these keys until you see the Apple logo. This boots into Recovery Mode.

2) If your OS X install is located on a FileVault protected partition, use Disk Utility to unlock it, then quit Disk Utility.

3) From the "Utilities" menu at the top of the screen, select "Terminal.app"

4) Enter these three lines into Terminal.app

cd /Volumes/[Name of your boot partition]/Library/Extensions 
rm -rf RBIOKitHelper.kext 
touch .

5) Reboot

Sorry for the inconveniences caused! If you happen to run into any issues using the new Remote Buddy build, please let me know.

Thanks, 
Felix