Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

30.03.2017 22:47:21
Remote Buddy with Logitech Harmony and Mac-Mini
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello, I successfully managed it to control my Mac Mini with my Logitech Harmony based on the excellent description you provide. But one thing in the behaviour of my setup is a bit strange. Basically I start up my home entertainment setup (consisting of AVR, TV and Mac Mini) by a dedicated Harmony action. If I then in a next step start the Remote Buddy action, the AVR und the TV will power off and I have to power on it again. That is a bit annoying and I would like to ask for your help how to overcome that behaviour. How can I manage it, that the AVR and TV will not power off when starting the Remote Buddy action? Thanks a lot in advance. 
Jens 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

07.04.2017 10:43:02
Re: Remote Buddy with Logitech Harmony and Mac-Mini
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello Jens,

sorry for the late reply.

While I can't provide general Harmony configuration support (Logitech has better insight into their products and support services of its own to support you), I have an idea where you could look:

1) Logitech Support has this to say at https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/understanding-harmony-activities :

"Switching to another Activity will power off devices that do not participate in the new Activity, and power on the new participating ones. Devices that are common across both Activities will remain on. For example, when switching from Watch TV to Watch a Movie, Harmony knows to power off your cable box and turn on your DVD player. It knows your TV must also remain on, and will not power it off."

(there's also a nice video - albeit in English)

2) So, chances are this will fix your problem: 
a) Go to "| | | Menu" > "Harmony Setup" > "Add/Edit Devices & Activities" > Device > [Your Other Devices] > "Participating Activities" in the Harmony app 
b) Under "Participating Activities", add the activity you created for Remote Buddy (usually "Sony PS3" or "Remote Buddy").

Hope this helps!

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz