Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

02.04.2017 00:27:13
Kodi 17.1 does not respond to remote, but Kodi 16.1 works fine
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi -- I recently updated my Kodi to 17.1, but it no longer recognizes the remote.

When I open Kodi 16.1, it still works fine.

I'm using Remote Buddy 1.30.4...I have uninstalled the driver, rebooted and reinstalled the driver.

Is there a fix for this?

(ps. Thanks for a very good product and great support!) 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Driver
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

07.04.2017 10:28:02
Re: Kodi 17.1 does not respond to remote, but Kodi 16.1 works fine
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I personally have not noticed any issues controlling Kodi 17.1, but did take your forum post as an opportunity to double-check everything's properly targeting the new release.

As it turned out, I had overlooked that Kodi has migrated its settings into a new folder, so that Remote Buddy 1.30.4 may look for the port number to use to connect to Kodi in the wrong place.

I've since corrected this and created a pre-release build. Please find it at https://secure.iospirit.com/_dropbox/RemoteBuddy_1305_prerelease.dmg

Please let me know if it fixes the issue for you. Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz