Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

09.04.2017 06:15:54
How to create a Custom Action which runs a built-in Kodi action
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'm running Kody 17.1 with the latest RBE. I have created quite a few custom actions but, I can't figure out how to do that with a built-in Kodi action.

For example, Kodi has the built-in action "Seek(##)". I would like to map "Seek10" to a key on my Harmony remote. But, I can't find a way to do it. A single keystroke can't do it (unless I can somehow map "Seek10" to that keystroke. It looks like Kodi is not scriptable (Script Editor can't find a dictionary). There's nothing else I can't find that comes close.

There are a good number of built-in actions for Kodi in RBE. But, they don't include Seek. Kodi keymaps can be edited but, the GUI keymap editor doesn't include the Seek action and my attempts to manually edit the user's keymap file have failed.

So, is it possible to add the Seek(##) action to the standard set supplied with RBE ?

Thanks.

Garry

Last edited: 09.04.2017 06:40:49 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote