Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

07.06.2006 22:06:34
some requests
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I like some of the functions of this product, but I have a few requests. Is it possible to add some kind of extra functions when holding buttons? Like activating/deactivating Remote Buddy when holding the menu button (so I can use Front Row when I want), and custom ones for EyeTV (like holding the forward key starts a recording, and backward key stops the recording... and the minus key shuts down EyeTV, and the pluss key whatever else might be useful).

A reason to use frontrow most of the time is that with Remote Buddy, I cant controll the system volume when noting is activated etc. And also front row looks better... but it is still useful as an extention when front row doesn't make the cut. That is why I want the activate/deactivate function on the menu hold (maybe add a deamon or something that can handle this when remote buddy is deactivated, or make it "fake" the deactivated function so the menu-hold still works when in front row mode).

How about it? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

09.06.2006 16:19:01
Re: some requests
View

Hello Hroar,

thanks for your input.

You're asking for a strongly customized behaviour of the EyeTV 
behaviour that will certainly not fit the majority. I'm already 
thinking about possible solutions to this general problem, though.

The same goes with the menu hold feature. While it certainly seems a 
useful idea, the number of buttons is too limited to hardwire more 
than one of the possible combinations to certain functionality. Yet 
still, I'll keep thinking about it and maybe I find a similiar solution.

Felix

[standard mail footer removed]

User

11.07.2006 03:33:30
View

Hi.

Any news on the activate/deactivate remote buddy function I asked for? It is a key feature for my part if I'm going to use this at all. It can't be that hard to make a "dummy" deactivation when holding the menu button, that instead of using remote buddy to controll different apps (through the remote buddy menus), it just sends the standard messages directly to front row. And then when pressing and holding the menu-button you go back to "remote buddy view"!

What do you think? 

User

11.07.2006 10:47:01
Re: Re: some requests
View

Hello Hroar,

this is in fact non-trivial but it should be possible through a 
BehaviourAction and the new global mappings pane. While the latter 
part (global mappings) is already done, I'll only find time for the 
BehaviourAction you requested for preview 5. Sorry.

Cheers, 
Felix 

User

11.07.2006 23:43:10
View

hi, the front row question you ask, was what i was thinking first, but today i download the demo and it can be done perfectly.

press "menu" button 
then apps 
then front row 
and finaly press "menu" again 
you'll enter front row 
then press "menu" to exit front row

thats it, front row its activated, when you press "menu" you will enter front row perfectly like allways, and if you want to go to remote buddy just hold "menu" insted of press it

bye