Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

05.09.2006 19:07:40
Video Game Controller Support
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
My long term goal is to be able to control my Mac with a USB/Bluetooth video game controller (preferrably the XBOX 360 wireless controller when M$ releases the USB adpater or the new PC/XBOX updated controller) since I want to be able to use my Mac mini as a HTPC/Emu Machine.

I would love if Remote Buddy could be made compatible with a video game controller as an alternative to the Apple-like remotes. They all seem to have too few buttons.

Years ago there was an N64 USB adapter(Adaptoid) for the PC/Mac that would also allow you to control the Mouse/Buttons in OS Mode (PC only). It was fantastic and I've been searching for something similar for my Mac for years. Remote Buddy seems to be going in the right direction.

Please consider my request. Thank you for your time. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

12.09.2006 01:43:02
Re: Video Game Controller Support
View

Hello C E,

thanks for the interesting feedback.

I've quit playing games altogether a couple of years back and the 
last game controller I had in my hands probably was some cheap 
Competition Pro clone connected to an Amiga ;-) .. so I'm not up-to- 
date on the latest and greatest in that area.

Do you own a Bluetooth video game controller - and does it work with 
Mac games out of the box? Anything with a good price / "performance" 
ratio you could recommend?

Best regards, 
Felix 

User

12.09.2006 14:33:52
Re: Video Game Controller Support
View

I'm not sure there are any Bluetooth controllers for any OS as of yet.

I was just hoping for HID support in Remote Buddy so that we can map buttons on a USB/Wireless controller(HID compatible) to commands in the Application via Remote Buddy's wonderful GUI.

So, far that's the only thing that's keeping me from purchasing a copy.

Microsoft is planning on releasing a USB adapter for the current XBOX 360 controllers(probably won't be HID but there are other options http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver). But, they are also working on a new controller that works with both PC and XBOX 360 wirelessly... could be BlueTooth could be HID USB... nobody knows yet. If all else fails though I have a USB adapater for Playstation controllers that works really well with games and I bet it would work great with OS apps.

P.S. The Amiga rules. I was one of the few Americans that actually appreciated the machine. I had an A500 that I soon upgraded with a 52MB HD($500) and a half MB chip RAM. Later I picked up an A3000. I loved my Amigas. 

User

13.09.2006 22:54:02
Re: Re: Video Game Controller Support
View

Hello Craig,

thanks a ton for all the information (and sorry for answering so brief)!

I've added it to the ToDo list and will have a look at it later in 
the development process.

Cheers, 
Felix