Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

19.10.2006 20:53:44
Browsing & selecting movies to open in VLC
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
A while back I posted asking for this feature, and you said it would be available in Preview 7, but it doesn't seem to be there yet. So, perhaps there was a misunderstanding.

I keep all of my DVDs backed up to an external 1TB disk. As things are now, I can use the remote to control VLC just fine, but I still need a keyboard to select a movie. Navigating the VLC playlist is a pain period, and more so with the remote. I generally end up using the Finder to find a movie I want to watch, then dragging it over to VLC. I want to be able to do everything with the remote, though.

I'd like to have an action that lets me specify a given folder (say, /Volumes/Media), browse that folder using the remote, and whenever I select a folder that contains a VIDEO_TS folder, open it in VLC (or, another user-specified app).

Does this seem doable? It's really the last thing I need to be able to do everything from my couch with the Apple Remote :-)

-Jonathan 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

20.10.2006 10:50:01
Re: Browsing & selecting movies to open in VLC
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello Jonathan,

thanks for bringing this back to my attention.

I actually planned to put that feature in preview 7, but didn't get 
around to it. The deluxe version of this feature is, however, 
definately planned and just a matter of time.

Generally, there's a lot of activity behind the scenes, which often 
forces me to readjust priorities. But this feature, as I said, won't 
be forgotten. I actually want to have it myself ;-)

Best regards, 
Felix