Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.10.2006 21:44:56
EyeTV Instant Replay and Skip Ahead
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Another minor point I've noticed is that there seem to be no mappings for the EyeTV "Instant Replay" and "Skip Forward" functions.

For the meantime, I've just implemented these as keyboard cursor key mappings, which seems to work just as well, but the absence of them as specific functions was a somewhat confusing omission at first.

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

27.10.2006 00:24:02
Re: EyeTV Instant Replay and Skip Ahead
View

Hello Jesse,

thanks for sharing.

Do you mean those functions in EyeTV that are triggered by pressing 
the cursor left and cursor right keys?

I've not implemented those yet, because they are not guaranteed to 
work in all circumstances. If you, for instance, have the EPG window 
in front, those two key strokes won't have any effect on a video 
playing in the background, since it doesn't have focus.

But I'm looking into this :-)

Best regards, 
Felix 

User

27.10.2006 00:57:46
View

Yes, those are the ones I'm talking about, and for the time being I've just mapped them to the appropriate keyboard keys, using the "Virtual Cursor Keys" behaviour.

In fact, this is one area in which RB has been a godsend... For some reason, the folks at Elgato thought it would be a good idea in the very most recent 2.3.2 update to change the function of the Prev/Next buttons on the Apple remote to channel-surf instead of doing the instant-replay and skip-ahead functions. This has become extremely non-intuitive, as when viewing a recording, they perform the instant-replay/skip-ahead, yet in live TV they change channels.... I've already lost my place a few times when watching a bit behind and trying to skip a commercial out of habit (and it goes to the next channel instead).

Obviously, RB allows me to remap this back to the intended behaviour. :)

User

06.02.2007 12:15:28
View

Just saw this .. couldn't agree more - it is also the main reason I went looking and found Remote Buddy - WHAT FANTASTIC WORK - I can't believe how Elgato just made the change and then didn't listen to the feedback about how stupid it was ..

cheers 
chris