Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

13.05.2012 13:24:02
Re: Re: Remote Buddy, OSX Lion and BD Remote

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Felix 
wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, the bug that already plagued users of 10.7.2 and was fixed in 10.7.3 makes a re-appearance in 10.7.4, although in a slightly different manner. These are the results of my tests so far:

- Sony PS3 BD remotes set up under 10.7.3 appear to continue to work correctly 
- "new" Sony PS3 BD remotes either 
a) can't be set up at all under 10.7.4 due to the re-appearance of the PIN request bug in the OS X Bluetooth stack 
b) or, due to the same bug in the OS X Bluetooth stack, OS X brings up the PIN request dialog when the remote tries to re-establish a connection via Bluetooth.

I've filed a new bug report with Apple and have updated the hardware page accordingly.

Since this is a general bug in the OS X Bluetooth stack itself, it can only be addressed by Apple themselves. Remote Buddy does not cause this issue and - since the bug is situated at a very low level inside the OS X Bluetooth stack itself - also has no way of working around it.

Since I have no insight in or influence on Apple's development team, I can't provide any information as to whether or when Apple intends to again address this bug. Therefore, please contact Apple if you have questions regarding the availability or timing of a fix for this bug.

Or, if you'd like to increase chances that Apple prioritizes a fix for this bug, file a bugreport (at http://bugreport.apple.com/) regarding the issue and "duplicate" the bug I filed in it (radr://11440611) by referencing it in your bug report.

Done. I have filed my duplicate. Its Bug Id# 11441751.

May I suggest for anyone who is really stuck. Try and get a copy of 
the previous 10.7.3 Bluetooth stack. It might still work in 10.7.4. 
Warning: replacing OS daemons carries an unknown risk. It would be 
best to backup and / or ensure you a have recovery disk before 
considering that.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz

[standard mail footer removed]

Thread-display::