IOSPIRIT GmbH today released an update to its integrated digital picture management software Picture Arena for MacOS® X offering sophisticated picture browsing, image-processing and presentation capabilities to version 1.1.
What's new in version 1.1
A compact overview over what has changed since version 1.0 of Picture Arena:
- New: Support for Postscript and EPS files.
- New: The render resolution, transparency and background color for PDF, Postscript and EPS files are now settable.
- Performance: PDF thumbnail creation is faster now.
- Fix: "Apple + H" is no longer used as key combination for the home directory and again available to hiding the application. "Apple + G" is now used instead.
- Fix: Photoshop files with a depth other than 32 Bits are now shown correctly.
- Fix: Some international characters in file or folder names caused problems when files were added to albums.
- Fix: iPhoto™ albums can now be burnt.
- Fix: In rare occasions part of the GUI was trashed when scrolling big images horizontally.
- Fix: The drag & drop focus ring in lists does no longer persist.
Picture Arena 1.1 is immediately available for MacOS® X 10.3 ("Panther") and higher at an introductory price of 19,90 € (approximately 25,90 US-Dollar). The price will presumably be raised to 29,90 € later. A trial version can be downloaded at http://www.picturearena.com/. The only functional limitations are a demo-watermark in every saved file and the limitation of the trial period to 14 days. Picture Arena is fully localized in English and German.
About Picture Arena
Picture Arena is the new center of your imaging world. Browse your directories, rework your photos on the fly, manage them in albums, reuse your existing iPhoto™ albums, make a speech-driven presentation, work independent of any network and put your digital treasures to use in many new ways. Full of innovations and super fast, Picture Arena lets you create stunning web galleries with eCards and interactive databases without any expert knowledge and just a few clicks, burns up to 9200 pictures on a single CD for convenient viewing on a DVD player, prints contact sheets, letter paper, greeting cards and much more. Taking full advantage of the advanced processor power of the Mac®, you can combine more than 20 amazing effects and operations to dive your photos into vibrant colors, correct skew horizons, add fun effects or create a picture mosaic with your photos being rebuilt by thousands of others. Effects are generally non-destructive and are performed without modifying your original files. Powerful batch operations for renaming (with undo!), reworking, exporting, file format conversion, a compact, thoughtfully designed interface and a great number of smart tools round up this unique and incredibly useful software package that no graphician should live without.
About the IOSPIRIT GmbH
The IOSPIRIT GmbH has been founded in 2004 by Felix Schwarz with the aim of developing high-quality software for the Mac® - low-priced, so everybody can enjoy it.
A special focus during development lies on the latest technologies in MacOS® X, their innovative use, own innovations and industry novelties - far away from outworn paths.
At the same time the IOSPIRIT GmbH is its own distributor. The platform used therefore is an internal development - tailored to the needs of the market - and therefore allows efficient and fast processing of incoming orders and queries.
The IOSPIRIT GmbH is based in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
For more information, please contact:
IOSPIRIT GmbH, Felix Schwarz, CEO
+49 9132 732844
A presskit with screenshots and logos is available here: