IOSPIRIT GmbH today released an update to its integrated digital picture management software Picture Arena for MacOS® X offering sophisticated picture browsing, image-processing and presentation capabilities to version 1.2.
What's new in version 1.2
The highlights among the new features of this version:
- New: Picture Arena can now compose emails in Mail including comments and file information. Effect recipes, file renaming and scaling can be applied on the fly.
- New: RAW and DNG support. Initially the output formats of over 150 cameras are supported.
- Enhancement: major speed increase for realtime effect previews.
- Enhancement: reworked digital camera import, can now import to any directory of choice.
- Enhancement: vastly improved keyboard support: full support for navigation through files and folders via the keyboard.
- Enhancement: JPEG EXIF data is now preserved when saving the same image to JPEG again.
- Enhancement: generally improved user experience (better thumbnail display quality, faster scrolling and display, improved speed with big numbers of images).
A compact overview over what has changed since version 1.1 of Picture Arena:
- New: clipboard support - files can now be copied to the clipboard and pasted anywhere.
- New: auto rotation of images on browsing.
- Enhancement: reorganized batch export and added quick resize option.
- Enhancement: selections in browse and view mode can now extend across several screens - Picture Arena does now scroll accordingly in that cases.
- Enhancement: files can now be opened on a single or a double click - whatever you choose. Also, unknown file formats are now always launched with the default application upon a double click.
- Enhancement: the adjust effects controls (basic color corrections) are now more fine-grained.
- Enhancement: Picture Arena does now create smaller JPEG files without sacrificing quality.
- Enhancement: Finder™-like zoom effect can now be disabled in the preferences.
- Enhancement: zooming is now a hundred times more finegrained.
- Enhancement: Finder® aliases are now resolved on the fly without mounting volumes pointed to by aliases.
- Enhancement: the position of the main splitview and the status of the info tab are now remembered across launches.
- Enhancement: in view mode, the image can now be dragged around via a "mouse hand". Drag and drop is still available by pressing the Apple® key.
- Enhancement: Finder® aliases are now resolved on directory import.
- Enhancement: Picture Arena does no longer return to browse mode when deleting images in view mode.
- Enhancement: improved the "Add copyright message" and "Add album comment" recipes for better readability.
- Enhancement: warning before deleting albums.
- Fix: the demo timeout in V1.0 and V1.1 was preliminary detected in rare cases. Thus, this version grants every user (another) 14 days to test.
- Fix: scrollbars are now updated correctly when adding big amounts of images to albums.
- Fix: "Select All" is now always available.
- Fix: custom zoom levels are now kept upon effect calculation even if zoom lock is turned off.
- Fix: workaround for a race condition in Quartz that could lead to unexpected application termination.
- Fix: EXIF aperture and maximum aperture data are now displayed at the correct locations.
- Fix: drag and drop of single images from iPhoto™ albums to the Finder™ now contain a reference to the actual image file, not its thumbnail file
- Fix: Illegal memory access in fisheye effect fixed (rarely occured)
Picture Arena 1.2 is immediately available for MacOS® X 10.3 ("Panther") and higher at an introductory price of 19,90 € (approximately 25,90 US dollar) until the end of April. The price will presumably be raised to 29,90 € later. All updates until the release of version 2.0 are free for purchasers of version 1.x. A trial version can be downloaded at http://www.picturearena.com/. The only functional limitations are a demo-watermark in every saved file and the limitation of the trial period to 14 days. Picture Arena is fully localized in English and German.
About Picture Arena
Picture Arena is the new center of your imaging world. Browse your directories, rework your photos on the fly, manage them in albums, reuse your existing iPhoto™ albums, make a speech-driven presentation, work independent of any network and put your digital treasures to use in many new ways. Full of innovations and super fast, Picture Arena lets you create stunning web galleries with eCards and interactive databases without any expert knowledge and just a few clicks, burns up to 9200 pictures on a single CD for convenient viewing on a DVD player, prints contact sheets, letter paper, greeting cards and much more. Taking full advantage of the advanced processor power of the Mac®, you can combine more than 20 amazing effects and operations to dive your photos into vibrant colors, correct skew horizons, add fun effects or create a picture mosaic with your photos being rebuilt by thousands of others. Effects are generally non-destructive and are performed without modifying your original files. Powerful batch operations for renaming (with undo!), reworking, exporting, file format conversion, a compact, thoughtfully designed interface and a great number of smart tools round up this unique and incredibly useful software package that no graphician should live without.
About the IOSPIRIT GmbH
The IOSPIRIT GmbH has been founded in 2004 by Felix Schwarz with the aim of developing high-quality software for the Mac® - low-priced, so everybody can enjoy it.
A special focus during development lies on the latest technologies in MacOS® X, their innovative use, own innovations and industry novelties - far away from outworn paths.
At the same time the IOSPIRIT GmbH is its own distributor. The platform used therefore is an internal development - tailored to the needs of the market - and therefore allows efficient and fast processing of incoming orders and queries.
The IOSPIRIT GmbH is based in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
For more information, please contact:
IOSPIRIT GmbH, Felix Schwarz, CEO
+49 9132 732844
A presskit with screenshots and logos is available here: