IOSPIRIT GmbH today released an update to its integrated digital picture management software Picture Arena for MacOS® X offering sophisticated picture browsing, image-processing and presentation capabilities to version 1.3.
What's new in version 1.3
The main focus of the update to version 1.3 is the addition of support for the latest Mac OS® X Tiger™ technologies like Spotlight™, Core Image and Quartz® Composer and a further acceleration for working with big photo collections.
A compact overview over what has changed since version 1.2 of Picture Arena:
- New: transparent support for Spotlight™'s saved searches / Finder®'s searchable folders.
- New: support for Core Image is now integrated in Picture Arena's effect subsystem. Initially, Core Image effects for zoomblur, sharpening, noise removal and edgework are available - more to follow.
- New: support for loading and indexing Tiger's Quartz Composer files.
- Enhancement: the vertical scrollbar in browse mode does now scroll exactly one page or row, depending on where you click.
- Enhancement: some small adaptions for better compatibility with Tiger.
- Enhancement: overall improvement of the effect subsystem's performance.
- Enhancement: further improved speed when loading many images, a global cache is soon to follow.
- Enhancement: mp4 files are now better recognized.
- Fix: vertical and horizontal scrollbars do now conform to OS X standards.
- Fix: scrollbars are now updated correctly after a digicam import.
- Fix: in some situations, when using effects with selectable areas, the window could start moving.
- Fix: fixed a bug that could lead to a crash under rare timing conditions.
- Fix: added a work around for five OS X functions that are documented as thread-safe but aren't (could previously lead to a semaphore lockup condition of the PA GUI).
Picture Arena 1.3 is immediately available for MacOS® X 10.3 ("Panther") and higher at an introductory price of 19,90 € (approximately 25,90 US dollar) until the end of April. The price will presumably be raised to 29,90 € later. All updates until the release of version 2.0 are free for purchasers of version 1.x. A trial version can be downloaded at http://www.picturearena.com/. The only functional limitations are a demo-watermark in every saved file and the limitation of the trial period to 14 days. Picture Arena is fully localized in English and German.
About Picture Arena
Picture Arena is the new center of your imaging world. Browse your directories, rework your photos on the fly, manage them in albums, reuse your existing iPhoto™ albums, make a speech-driven presentation, work independent of any network and put your digital treasures to use in many new ways. Full of innovations and super fast, Picture Arena lets you create stunning web galleries with eCards and interactive databases without any expert knowledge and just a few clicks, burns up to 9200 pictures on a single CD for convenient viewing on a DVD player, prints contact sheets, letter paper, greeting cards and much more. Taking full advantage of the advanced processor power of the Mac®, you can combine more than 20 amazing effects and operations to dive your photos into vibrant colors, correct skew horizons, add fun effects or create a picture mosaic with your photos being rebuilt by thousands of others. Effects are generally non-destructive and are performed without modifying your original files. Powerful batch operations for renaming (with undo!), reworking, exporting, file format conversion, a compact, thoughtfully designed interface and a great number of smart tools round up this unique and incredibly useful software package that no graphician should live without.
About the IOSPIRIT GmbH
The IOSPIRIT GmbH has been founded in 2004 by Felix Schwarz with the aim of developing high-quality software for the Mac® - low-priced, so everybody can enjoy it.
A special focus during development lies on the latest technologies in MacOS® X, their innovative use, own innovations and industry novelties - far away from outworn paths.
At the same time the IOSPIRIT GmbH is its own distributor. The platform used therefore is an internal development - tailored to the needs of the market - and therefore allows efficient and fast processing of incoming orders and queries.
The IOSPIRIT GmbH is based in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
For more information, please contact:
IOSPIRIT GmbH, Felix Schwarz, CEO
+49 9132 732844
A presskit with screenshots and logos is available here: