Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

11.04.2011 15:11:42
Re: EyeTV behaviour deactivation is NOT pausing EyeTV - Making my EyeTV / Plex integration FRUSTRATING!

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Perhaps I'm approaching this wrong- how did you implement closing the Live TV window? I've had alot of trouble closing the window as part of the behaviour deactivation- this will usually cause the app to re-activate as I described in my initial post.

The reason I want to kill Plex is the process will average 25% of the CPU when it's running- that's alot of resources wasted as you're burning power for no reason there (my HTPC never sleeps- it's an always-on setup) The other reason I was killing Plex is I only recently discovered the "H" key mapping which will reliably stop any playing video and send Plex back to Home. Previously if you switched out of Plex it would just continue playing whatever was active and this is NOT a friendly setup. I plan to tinker around with sending the H key to Plex when deactivating but again I suspect this will cause Plex to re-activate.

Thread-display::