Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

11.04.2011 20:28:26
Re: EyeTV behaviour deactivation is NOT pausing EyeTV - Making my EyeTV / Plex integration FRUSTRATING!

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Well that is very simply really. I use 2 applescripts, one to switch to plex and one to switch back to eyetv:

Launch Plex: 
tell application "EyeTV" to close every window 
tell application "Plex" to activate

Obviously by closing the window before activating Plex will ensure you don't need to to activate EyeTV again. I ensure that EyeTV has always it's live window closed when another application is active as my other applescript shows:

tell application "EyeTV" to activate 
tell application "System Events" to keystroke "o" using {command down} <opens live window> 
tell application "System Events" to keystroke "0" using {command down} <makes windown fullscreen> 
tell application "Finder" 
set visible of process "Plex" to false <hides Plex screen as it remains on top otherwise> 
end tell

When I start my mini, I simply only start Plex and not EyeTV; the second applescript will also work fine if EyeTV has not been started yet. I scripted these as actions in remote buddy and can put them in any menu or button I want.

Advantage of this construction for me is that I can keep recording with EyeTV if I wish since I do not quit the program, but I can use Plex at the same time.

As far as CPU usage is concerned; Plex does indeed use 25% of a single core of my CPU, but EyeTV easily exceeds 130% so if any application should be closed to conserve CPU it is EyeTV :D. For me it's no issue however since I only run these two applications on my mini. I wonder why you will not it sleep though; it's very simple to wake the mac and have it start in a predefined configuration (like Plex up front or something similar). It also saves energy....

Last edited: 11.04.2011 20:32:22 

Thread-display::